Electron has been used by many companies like Microsoft, Facebook, Slack and Docker to create application.
Basically, the Electron framework is built on two major processes named as ‘Main’ and ‘Renderer’ process. Each of these processes have a list of modules which handles specific area on desktop application development.
How does Electron work?
In easier terms, we can say like once the application is started using Electron, a main process is created. This main process is then responsible for interacting with GUI of your operating system and then creates a GUI of your application (your application window).
Why should I learn Electron?
The benefits of Electron:
Looking at the benefits the most important advantage is that the developers need not to learn new languages and this saves a lot of time. At the same time, it cuts the time and costs involved in the development. Electron can also be built without a powerful machine. Electron applications can be viewed on a variety of different browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge and Safari. Also, the reuse of the knowledge reduces/ eliminates the need of web development experts for every platform or operating system to work on.
Eduonix’s Electron course: –
Electron is currently the future of web development and in order to help students boost their skills and their salaries, Eduonix Learning Solutions has designed a complete hands-on course!
The course is produced by expert developers, which will help you build a firm foundation for creating desktop application. Especially the course is made from the core so that you learn from the base.
Not only will this course help you learn the basics, but you will get to build 5 actual projects from scratch – that you can keep!
The projects you will be working on: –
1. Pomodoro Clock: – The Pomodoro clock is a time management method clock. This project will help you in creating a clock from ground up and teach you tasks like how to set the timer logic, add multiple clocks, etc.
2. Tic Tac Toe Game: – Playing this game is very simple but programming it is tough. In this project, you will be learning how to make a game application that includes designing Xs and Os and notification.
3. Weather App: – This project will help you in developing a weather forecast application and teach how to gather data from other sources through API and display it on the application.
4. Currency Converter: – This project includes a making of a currency converter application where with the help of API you will learn to convert currency of a particular country to another.
5. Body Mass Index: – This project will help you make a BMI application, which uses person’s weight and height to calculate the BMI.
However, in order to breathe life into this project, we need support from dedicated students. This upcoming course has been launched on Kickstarter to raise enough funds. All you need to do is pledge your support for this course. You can find the course on Eduonix’s Kickstarter Page.