According to a recent news report released by tech guys at WinFuture, Google is working at the moment to bring about an exquisite and high performing augmented Reality (AR) headset called Google A65 aimed to give users an experience of the real + virtual world in a single go. The proposed headset will be in the line of similar headset product released by Microsoft known by the name of HoloLens. Although inside people from Google claim that the proposed AR Headset will bring about refreshing features for the consumers to explore new horizons of Augmented Reality.
As per reports made public by WinFuture, Google has shaken hands with Taiwanese manufacturer Quanta for the production and research involved under this ambitious project. Quanta has earlier assisted Google in the mass production of Pixel C Tablets during 2015 which were a huge success.
What could Google offer to users through its AR Headset?
This ambitious project involves offering users an unmatchable experience where reality often collides with the virtual layers to give the users a chance to directly interact and respond to both the environments. This would be made a reality by the much awaited Google A65 headset which is claimed to have multiple features, let’s have a look at each one of these.
- This headset would be having camera sensors and microphones thus helping users operate it via Google Assistant.
- The heart or the inside processor of this ambitious device would be IOT enabled
- Qualcomm QSC603, making 1080p and 1030p video capture feature and support of up to 2,560 x 1,440 resolution.
- High end 3D overlaying is an exciting feature that imparts the much needed ‘illusion of reality’ for the consumers of this device.
- Rendering interfaces support the quick amalgamation between the ‘real’ and ‘virtual’ worlds.
- Bluetooth connectivity showers versatile connectivity possibilities.
- GPS navigation will help in making the device location friendly.
- With its android neural networks, these devices will have strong and reliable application programming interface (API), claims WinFuture’s report.
- supports well known graphics interfaces including OpenGL, OpenCL and Vulcan.
- It possesses Gigabit WLAN.
Although this is not the first time, Google is making an attempt to unite reality with illusion, it has made some attempts in the past too. Its powerful device called Google Glass has made consumers excited in the year 2013 by its fantastic features and imaginary outlook.
Right after this news broke, comments from the tech industry made rounds in the tabloids, digital news platforms and miscellaneous mass media. According to Rick Osterloh, Senior Vice President of Hardware at Google, ‘Hi tech glasses are very interesting to everyone. He further adds that ‘research in on at Google to take the implications of Augmented Reality from devices like phones to other media and to explore what else could be achieved with the immense creative possibilities AR has to offer to the tech world’. Technical advancement is in its immature or birth state at the moment and it will become more mature and consumers will be more used to the vast technical applications that could make their life easier.
Another noteworthy statement comes from the Apple’s CEO Tim Cook who believes that it is a ‘Core Technology’. According to Tim, Augmented Reality will soon become more popular than Virtual Reality in terms of gadgets and devices sold per financial year.
Read more:- 10 Innovative IoT Examples In Today’s World
How it will turn heads for businesses?
We are quite used to new disruptions in various sectors owing to technology improvements and significant advances every single year. 2017 was the year of Augmented Reality (AR). The reason for such stupendous growth can mainly be credited to investors trust on such technology. So many companies and startups surfaced having huge funds poured into AR and VR sector. It is further expected that this sector will grow to USD 162 Billion by the year 2020, as per International Data Corporation’s(IDC) findings.
The above image shows the revenue forecast for the augmented reality device industry in the future.
We are quite used to new disruptions in various sectors owing to technology improvements and significant advances every single year. 2017 was the year of Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR). The reason for such stupendous growth can mainly be credited to investors trust on such technology. So many companies and startups surfaced having huge funds poured into AR and VR sector. It is further expected that this sector will grow to USD 162 Billion by the year 2020, as per International Data Corporation’s(IDC) findings.
How will AR affect business scenario?
Technology has played a part in every sector of life. So it’s quite obvious that it will have a big impact on business as the time passes by. We can expect both to join hands and work together in tandem so as to bring in more improvements in the life of the common person.
With the growth of AR, the least we can expect is development of new business sectors, creation of future oriented enterprises and efficient ways of doing business, amongst others.Following are some forecasted impact on businesses for the year 2018 and beyond –
Unlocking universal investment potential
AR will be very important to bring about the concept of ‘Global Village’. Due to AR, anyone from any country can view a property that may be situated in any other country. We can soon expect AR to bring in more foreign investments and an increase in global transactions related to various business sectors. It will improve FDIs and will help in improving growth of a country as a whole.
Enhancing customer experience
AR can be used to provide additional content that can be used to enhance the in-store customer experience. The stores can employ some additional Augmented reality assistants that may help them in providing a more personalized consumer experience without increasing their overhead costs, and they can even hide gifts as part of promotional events in these AR generated theme work.
Read more:- How is IoT Impacting Cybersecurity Technology?
Introducing ‘TRY BEFORE YOU BUY’ Concept
A strategy mostly used by fashion brands and that has successfully been implemented by brands like Myntra and Lenskart, it allows people to take a try-on-themselves in such a way which may help them to decide whether they like that product or not before deciding to purchase the same. This may help the brands on creating an emotional connection with the customers and has the ability to bring a new dimension to online shopping. It is also being explored by Holiday companies to lure its customers.
Enhances training facilities
AR can be used to improve the training facilities. Critical Surgeries, in the coming years, could be done applying cutting edge AR applications without risking an actual life. It has the potential to evolve training and education methods by simulation with real world scenarios. It will help us in doing things practically rather than just by mugging up from the books.
Breaking down complex activities and scenarios
There are many products which are complex in nature and may require specialized knowledge to operate. Many companies, therefore, tend to sell these products in limited quantities. With the help of AR, easy demos to operate these complex products can be shown which will help to make these products more saleable and therefore popular.
A boon for the developers
Developers often find it hard to visualize what their end product should look like or will look like. This leads to prolonged sales timeline. It will further lead to a reduction in the ability to pre-sell which in turn leads to funds being stuck in for a longer time. AR can help developers by letting them show the prospective client the end product, even though the project may be unfinished at that point of time.
Scope of AR’s Application –
- AR will have an impact on all the business sectors. Gaming Sector will see more AR-based games like Pokemon Go and Zombies, Run!. It will lead to a more immersive gaming experience. It is also expected that app developers will create more AR based apps that will enhance the way gaming is played and experienced.
- Health Sector will also see a major turnaround. Apps like Psious have been created which help to tackle the anxiety and fear of patients resulting in better treatments. Many AR based apps motivate users to take steps towards fitness.
- We will also see growth in the education sector and it is likely that the level of education will go up since AR will induce more practical experience media to our education system.
- The further Real Estate sector will see some major changes in the way it operates. Today we can see websites like Ikea which let us view any property all over the world. Further apps like Materport have been developed to help us take a virtual tour of the property we are interested in.
With the continued search for improvements in AR sector and the improved interest of app developers and market visionaries, we can only expect 2018 to be the stepping stone for the world of AR. It will continue to take huge leaps and we have just started. The best is yet to come. We are yet to visit the Digital World completely and Google’s AR Headset is a fresh start to this ambitious journey.