We can all agree that those who really like virtual reality spend much more than an hour or 2 behind their computers. The body is always in a state of tension, both because of the constant sitting and because of the stressful situations in the game itself. It’s clear now that special support is a must. Additionally, the player has to stay focused all the time. Discomfort can cause reducing of attention and poor play results. So, if playing computer games is your hobby, you should consider buying a gaming chair.
What is a comfortable gaming chair?
The gaming chair can be adjusted in height, keeping the posture healthy.
Armrests can be adjusted in height and even in inclination. No matter how you sit, you can always position your elbows comfortably.
The backrest of the comfortable armchair is high, its angle of inclination is adjustable, and it is equipped with a swing mechanism. All these factors will provide you with maximum pleasure from the game. Swinging soothes the nervous system, the comfortable angle of tilt relieves tension from the back, and the high backrest and headrest are good for the neck area.
Are you tired? Do you need a timeout? Then choose models that can be locked in a horizontal position. You can gain strength, calm down, and just relax. Get more info about gaming recliners on ReclinerFAQ
Specific features of gaming chairs
Yes, among the standard models, there are orthopedic computer chairs, but it’s not enough. Gaming chairs have their own distinctive features that make them so popular among customers.
The main differences are:
- Reliable design;
- ability to withstand heavy loads;
- denser upholstery;
- special shape of backrest and seat;
- ergonomic armrests;
- headrest and lumbar roller;
- rubberized rollers;
- footrest (not available for all the models).
Types of gaming chairs
- Simple gaming chairs. At first glance, they look very similar to ordinary office chairs. But if you compare them, the first one has a more sophisticated design. It’s supplemented with either an interesting backrest or a wider seat, and it’s distinguished by a non-standard color scheme.
- Superior armchairs. These are distinguished by the aeronautics on the back. At the same time, the backrest itself is high, it should reach the shoulder blades and above. The mesh provides good breathability as well as an anatomical effect.
- Fully equipped gaming chairs. In products of the given type, there is absolutely everything! Footrest, headrests, armrests, which can be adjusted not only in height, and much more.
How to choose a comfortable gaming chair?
Well, it’s easy. The basic options are:
- Allowable load. It means that the chair is made of reinforced polypropylene or even chrome metal.
- High-quality upholstery that lets the air in and quickly evaporates moisture. In general, all modern upholstery materials fall under this criterion. The only thing that can distinguish them from each other is the level of wear resistance. And since you will spend a lot of time behind the screen, the higher this level is, the better.
- Adjustment of the seat to go up/down. Everything here is clear. As you know, the right position of the body is when the knees are at a 90-degree angle. It’s also better to put the feet on the floor.
- Adjustable armrests. If you often put your elbows down on the armrests or just like to sit comfortably, you should know that the armrests in many models can change their height as well as the angle of inclination.
- Headrest and a roller under the back. These two details are essential to ensure that your spine receives the necessary support during the game. The headrest releases tension from the neck and prevents possible headaches, while the back roller relaxes the lower back and normalizes blood flow.
- Stability. This option depends a lot on the crosspiece. Note that gaming chairs are wider than office chairs. Even if you start to rock strongly in the heat of excitement, the chair will not flip over.
- And comfort! Comfort is essential! It can be estimated by the shape of the seat and backrest. The more distinct the relief is, the more comfortable you feel.
- Good design. Gaming chairs don’t have a wide color palette. They have another advantage. These models differ in non-standard bright colors and their combination. Not all the furniture of this type has it.
- Compare prices and read reviews. This is how you can make your choice. The prices can be very different, even when distinctions between the chairs are minimal. But reviews show all the pros and cons of different models.
Can you use a regular computer chair instead of a gaming one?
If you spend a minimum amount of time at your computer and don’t feel any discomfort, why not? The most important thing is that you are comfortable! Even a quality office chair can provide proper support for your neck, back, and muscles. But it costs almost as much as the gaming one. Everything depends on your budget and comfort that you expect to get in the future. And of course, don’t forget about the status! When your friends or acquaintances see your gaming chair, they may be surprised. So the choice is yours.