In today’s world, internet has changed our life and lot of things are happening in this tech world after evolution of smartphones and number of people using them. From developing mobile apps for Android or iPhone’s to fascinating eCommerce website, programming is must need. If you are a hotshot coder you can even earn up-to $300 per hour or more while developing apps or websites.
Nowadays people are finding themselves to be capable enough to write code and create very amazing things from it. I believe that feature of programming to analyze certain things on the web is also very fascinating to all of us, which certainly makes programming to be one of the coolest things in today’s world.
An average salary is around $80,000 for a full efficient programmer. So this is the right time for you to think once again regarding changing your career path. Last year I posted “Top 5 programming language to learn in 2014” to let you know and learn demanding languages of 2014. Now in this post I am providing you a list of top 8 programming languages which I have ranked according to their usage and also are in great demand in the current technology scenario.
- Most readable programming language amongst all of others.
- General-purpose, high-level programming language
- Strict ordering of code
- Excellent to learn for beginners
- Focus more on code readability and productivity
Website using python: Yahoo, NASA, Mozilla, Instagram, Pinterest
Also Check: Resources To Learn Python Programming Language
- First and foremost Java is widely used in Android. So when you look into your android powered smartphone apps you are meeting Java. Thus you can imagine how importance this language has derived since evolution of smartphones.
- To build dynamic websites
- To build desktop apps
- Write once and run anywhere is most famous feature of Java
- Open source JKD
- Lots of API
Apps build using Java: Android apps, ATMs, Games
Also Check: Ways To Learn Java In Couple Of Weeks
- Most powerful programming language and most part of the operating systems that we use are written in C++
- Truly object oriented language which was not found in C
- C++ is a bit more advanced than C which means you need to know C language in order to master yourself in C++
- Used extremely in developing games and apps
Well known apps and browsers using C++: Chrome, Mozilla, Adobe, Windows music player
Also Check : C++ For Absolute Beginners : The Starter Guide
- Object oriented language
- High demand for developers working on Windows platform to build desktop or mobile apps
- Works greatly with ASP and .NET
Websites using C#: Unity game engine, Microsoft, Windows apps
Websites to learn C#: Projects in CSharp – Learn By Building Projects
- Simple and object oriented programming language
- Readable programming language
- Implemented on all major platforms
- Focused on building web-based applications
- Complete web development framework
- Helps to Kick-start your project in less time
Website using Ruby: Scribd, Yammer, Shopify, Github and Groupon
Also Check: Free Ways To Learn Ruby Programming Language
- Enhance visual display
- Add effects to your website
- Interactive web pages
- Form validation
- You can secure your backend
- Create your own apps
- Superset of C programming language
- Must know programming language to build iOS apps for iPhone and iPad
- General purpose and object oriented in nature
- Powerful language and is in great demand
- Earn healthy amount of money by hosting apps on App Store.
Apps built with Objective C: iPhone apps
Website to learn Objective C: Udemy
- It’s Free
- Easy to learn
- Cross-Platform compatibility
- Powerful, Quick and Scalable
- Easy deployment
- Hosting at reasonable price
- 80% websites are using PHP for server side scripting
Websites using PHP: Facebook, Twitter, Apple, Wikipedia, Blogs sites, Flickr
Also Check: Useful PHP Resources And Tutorials
It doesn’t matter if you don’t have a graduate degree to learn programming to build cool projects, just a strong determination and willingness to get back after failing is only thing which matters which is most difficult part in programming. I have also inserted an average salary chart of all of the above programming languages respectively extracted from Indeed.com. So if you aspire to have higher salary package you can check out below graph and choose programming to learn according to your need.
These are the best programming languages which you should know in 2015 to develop website, mobile apps or desktop apps. Also do let me know if you have any other suggestions about this topic.