Companies invest heavily in training their employees and enhancing their skills. But these courses, especially technical, are accompanied by their own bottlenecks and fail. The main aim is to transfer knowledge to the employees so that they can develop their skills.
Nothing is better than a simulation-based eLearning course to enhance the skills and transfer knowledge in the corporate sector. After all, the corporate sector is all about learning by doing. People aim to enhance their practical skills rather than just gaining theoretical knowledge.
What are simulation-based eLearning solutions exactly?
Simulation-based eLearning solutions mimic real-life scenarios in a virtual environment where the user can learn and practice by actually doing. You will actually perform a task and feel as if you were actually there.
Simulation-based learning systems facilitate ‘learning by doing’ and are best suited for corporate training as the employees can use the knowledge gained to solve real-life problems in a virtual environment. Let’s look at some of the benefits that simulations in eLearning can offer for corporates:
1. Hands-on Experience – Allowing new employees to interact with the client directly or to let them handle applications that directly deal with the company finances can be a risky thing to do.
When you use simulation-based eLearning systems, employees are trained on real-like scenarios in the virtual environment, which minimizes the risk of disasters occurring. Your employees will already be familiar with the situations. By imparting practical knowledge to the learners, you ensure that no questions are left unanswered, and the learner is fully equipped to perform the job.
2. Practice makes a man perfect – Use of a virtual environment makes sure that the learners can practice as much as they want. We all are humans, and it is difficult for us to perform something for the first time without any mistakes. Simulation-based eLearning solutions provide the learners with a platform where they are allowed to make as many mistakes as they can and perfect their skills.
3. Facilitate faster decision-making – Using virtual environments, employees are exposed to multiple uneasy situations that they can come across randomly during their day. To make sure that the employees are quick enough to take the correct decision, simulation-based eLearning can be a game-changer.
If the employee had faced a similar situation in the virtual environment, he will already feel confident while dealing with it and will be quick in making the right decision.
4. Increase user engagement – Simulations require the user to perform a task, thus making the course interesting and engaging. The courses are purely focused on user experience, and the tasks become even more engaging as the user advances. Simulation companies are striving to deliver solutions that make learning fun and as engaging as possible.
5. Instant application of knowledge – Theoretical knowledge is of no use if it is not utilized to enhance practical skills. You’ll be utilizing your practical skills while on the job. Simulations enable the users to instantaneously put the gained knowledge to use where they can practice as many times as they want.
6. Be future-ready – It is a misconception about simulations that they are just games. Simulations are not games but the creation of a real-like problem in the system where you’ll be actually solving it. Because of such misconceptions, simulations are not able to reach their full potential. But, people are slowly recognizing its benefits and are rapidly accepting it as a part of their eLearning solution. You can also be future-ready by utilizing the benefits of simulations in eLearning and secure a cemented spot in the market for years to come.
Above mentioned points clearly, indicate that simulations in eLearning are beneficial not only for the employees but also for the organizations. eLearning simulations provide much needed practical training to the employees.