Salesforce is a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform that runs on Customer 360. It offers a suite of enterprise applications that deal with Customer Service, Data Analytics, Marketing Automation, and Application Development. This platform provides a Single, Shared View across all your departments including Commerce, Sales, Service, and Marketing.
For Salesforce ETL, there are a lot of tools available in the market.
With Salesforce, you can empower your Sales team with Forecasting tools, integrated Lead Management, and the ability to Price, Configure, and Quote every deal.
Here are a few key offerings of the Salesforce Cloud suite:
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud: This tool lets you convert more customers with tailored buying experiences. With Salesforce Commerce Cloud’s easy-to-use tools, you can quickly implement your strategies while staying agile. This enables you to start generating a higher Return on Investment (ROI) from a very early stage.
- Salesforce AppExchange: This Enterprise Cloud marketplace allows you to find proven apps and experts to help you solve business challenges quickly and extend your Salesforce Customer 360 from anywhere. You can easily extend this across any Industry, Department, and Product. Salesforce AppExchange also gives you helpful app guides to focus on the right apps to suit your unique business needs.
- Salesforce Analytics (Tableau CRM): With Tableau, you can leverage intuitive drag-and-drop functionalities irrespective of skill level. It even allows you to quickly locate visual patterns and share insights across teams to boost business growth.
- Salesforce Einstein: Salesforce Einstein is an Artificial Intelligence technology that focuses on giving Sales and Marketing departments more up-to-date views of Sales, customers, and prospects.
- Salesforce Service Cloud: Salesforce Service Cloud provides you with all the tools required to boost Customer Engagement. With Service Cloud, you can automate business processes with Intelligent Workflows, get valuable insight into every Customer Interaction, drive revenue with the power of Artificial Intelligence, and support customer interactions across every channel.
Understanding the Features of Salesforce
Here are a few salient features of Salesforce CRM:
- Salesforce provides additional functionalities like Artificial Intelligence and Application Integration that help provide an additional boost on its core services. This includes easy integration of data from IoT, ERPs, Databases, and building custom-branded mobile apps. It also adds predictive capabilities to every Sales and Service application for a smoother experience.
- With real-time engagement, you can make your apps smarter and customized to meet your needs.
- Salesforce also provides a sophisticated library of industry-specific expert help. This includes Apps, Process Flows, Components, and Templates that can handle every issue faced by the user.
Understanding the Best Practices for Salesforce ETL
Here are a few best practices you can implement while working with Salesforce ETL:
- Practice Good Data Hygiene: If you start with a dirty process, you risk creating a challenging or unruly system for your team. This is especially important when you’re extracting data from multiple sources. Therefore, by practicing data governance and good data hygiene you can make Salesforce an essential component of your workflow. For the best results, it is recommended that you make sure your data is consistent (without duplicate records), irrespective of where you are in your Salesforce Journey.
- Test Everything: You must build testing into your Salesforce development process, for new and existing features. This is because new products, operating systems, or data sources can easily break connections if you’re not monitoring the tool periodically.
- Have a Deep Understanding of Your Internal Processes: Understanding your internal processes is key to figuring out what to create or automate within the system. Therefore, the best thing to do is to continually refine and understand your team’s processes and the role of technology in boosting growth.
- Choosing a Designated Product Owner: Since Salesforce is a complex piece of technology, your team needs to know who to pose queries to and where to update requests or report issues.
- Have a Change Management Plan: Change Management is essential for a Salesforce project cause it allows you to build in time to train your team on new features as they get released. This helps everyone stay on top of all the updates to prevent any bottlenecks in productivity and ensure a smoother consumer experience.
This blog talks about the best practices of Salesforce ETL along with its benefits and features.
A fully managed No-code Data Pipeline platform like Hevo Data helps you integrate data from 100+ data sources (including 30+ Free Data Sources) to a destination of your choice in real-time in an effortless manner. Hevo with its minimal learning curve can be set up in just a few minutes allowing the users to load data without having to compromise performance. Its strong integration with umpteenth sources allows users to bring in data of different kinds in a smooth fashion without having to code a single line.