Certainly, the mobile application development has given benefits to small or big organizations in all verticals. And this has enhanced the demand for top notch Android or iOS app development services.
In this post, we’ll look at 7 of the best HTML5 Based Frameworks, you can use for mobile application development.
Powered by the Apache Cordova software, PhoneGap is a free and open-source mobile app development framework. It helps to build cross-platform apps using HTML, CSS and JavsScript, rather than using native (device-specific) programming languages such as Objective C and others. Many developers prefer using PhoneGap for developing mobile applications, as it helps them maintain a common code base for all sorts of platforms.
- It supports a wide variety of platforms, including iOS, Android, BlackBerry 5.x+, Windows Phone 7 and 8, etc.
- Supports device capabilities such as camera, contacts, network availability, and more.
- Users can create custom plugins to extend PhoneGap for accessing more device features.
- Provide online training sessions to help developers be become familiar with the process of mobile app creation.
If you’re obsessed with speed, i.e. want to build a high-performance cross-platform app, then Ionic is an ideal framework for you. It’s a free and open-source front-end framework that helps to build hybrid apps using HTML5. It makes use of Angular.js, for building a powerful SDK perfectly-suited to build highly interactive applications.
- Based on SASS, Ionic provides tons of UI components for developing rich and robust apps.
- It comes shipped with a powerful CLI, giving developers the ability to create, build and test Ionic apps on any platform.
Also See: 11 Resources To Learn HTML5 Development Online for beginners
3) Sencha Touch
Sencha Touch is another great HTML5 mobile application framework used for developing apps for various platforms like iOS, Android, Blackberry and many more. Sencha Touch apps can be used either using Cordova/PhoneGap or Sencha’s native packager. Furthermore, you can use any of these tools to package the native application.
- Provide developers a GUI tool, called as Sencha Architect that helps to create plenty of interoperable products.
- Offers MVC styled architecture.
- It offers a useful tool Sencha Cmd (i.e. a command line interface), providing support for theming, building an packaging an app, etc.
4) Appcelerator Titanium Mobile
This open source framework provides an and extensible environment for developing native applications – across several devices and operating systems. More than 70,000 mobile apps have been built using this framework. It saves developers from managing multiple development toolkits and methodologies, as Appcelerator helps to build, test and publish applications within a single code base.
- Offers a MVC development framework known as Appcelerator Alloy.
- It uses built-in mobile backend as a service (MbaaS).
- It comes integrated with Appcelerator’s open Marketplace.
Also See: 11 Resources for Building Mobile Apps with HTML5
5) Mobile Angular UI
This open-source, HTML5 framework utilizes Twitter bootstrap 3 framework and AngularJS for creating interactive applications. Since it mainly uses Bootstrap 3 syntax, just with little efforts, you can bring a desktop app to mobile.
- It comes integrated with a rich set of mobile components like overlays, scrollable areas, switches and more – that can’t be found in any Bootstrap 3.
- It includes AngularJS modules such as angular-touch, angular-route and angular-animate.
- It comes shipped with FontAwesome Icons.
6) Kendo UI
- Integration with Angular.js
- Offers Bootstrap support.
- It offers 11 pre-made themes, helping you customize the theme in no time. In fact, you can easily apply the customized theme using the ThemeBuilder tool.
Also See: Why Developers Should Use HTML5 for Website Development
It’s a lightweight and easy to use HTML5 mobile framework that helps to design, build and share cross-platform applications. Lungo helps to create unique apps that suit all new devices and offer enhanced UX (user experience).
- It comes with some amazing default styles that serves as a good starting point to design your own app.
- It supports mobile platforms such as iOS, Blackberry, Firefox OS and Android.
Many developers are choosing HTML5 web technology as a mobile development platform to meet the growing demand for cross-platform apps. This post will help you learn about top 7 mobile app development frameworks that helps to build apps using HTML5 web technology.