More than half of the websites available globally are run on the WordPress CMS, and there are many good reasons for that. The popularity of the engine is associated with the versatility and flexibility of the platform, so it can be used as a part of an online store, blog, news portal, or even a corporate website. The WP engine is available free of charge; it works well for any commercial purposes and has unlimited possibilities for modifications. Simple control of the admin panel and all kinds of plugins needed to expand the functionality are some other great things of the platform that make webmasters and site owners vote for this solution.
Large companies around the world give preference to this platform and order WordPress development services. Among true industry giants that have made a choice in favor of WordPress are such companies as Sony, Forbes, NASA, and many others. Numerous themes and templates, all types of plugins – all these help to create a WP website with the expanded functionality and personalized approach to every user. So what should you be aware of when building a WordPress site, and what CMS alterations are necessary to ensure project success?
WordPress Development Approaches
Although the CMS has a whole pack of advantages, there are some drawbacks as well. But if you approach the development correctly, you can fix all the weak points and build a powerful online solution. The system allows you to make any changes to the project, improving its functionality, usability, and appearance.
What fixes do WordPress-based sites most often require? Here are some of the most common platform improvements that you may need to do:
1. Make a redesign of the entire website – change the appearance of a landing page or a site run on WP. It is not necessary to use and modify a ready-made theme. You can create a design from scratch and upload it to the engine;
2. Install and configure plugins – you just need to know what exact WordPress plugins you need to have and what result you want to achieve. Some of the most popular WP add-ons are Yoast SEO, Jetpack, Akismet, etc.;
3. Move the site to another hosting – in case you are unhappy with the site launch speed or general lags of the system;
4. Make alterations to the site header, display the slider on web pages, make other adjustments to the UX/UI of the site;
5. Create a sitemap with the help of SEO plugins like Google XML Sitemaps;
6. Use cache plugins like WP Rocket to expand the functionality of the website.
By performing the above, you will build a highly responsive site that meets the needs of your target audience, is easy to use, and ranked high by search engines.
Initially, WordPress was created as a CMS for blogs, but thanks to the multitude of the available plugins, you can run an online platform on WordPress. Some CMS add-ons allow you to create functional online stores, while website builders like Elementor, will make your site unique. It is not at all necessary to know programming languages or HTML. WordPress is easy to use, work with, and adjust
Also Read: 12 Ideas for Improving WordPress Performance